Christmas is a time for family and spending time with your loved ones. This year I am making everyone a stamped salt dough ornaments to place on their tree every year. These decorations last a lifetime and would look beautiful with whatever colour scheme you have. These are fantastic to make with kids and family at Christmas time.
Equipment And Ingredients
- 1 Cup salt
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 Cups Water
- Mixing Bowl
- Stamps– optional, these can leave a really nice imprint on the salt dough to add some personalisation.
- Mix together the flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in the water to create a doughy consistency
- Bring the dough together and put on a floured surface, knead with your hands until smooth.
- Roll out to anything thickness you want and create your ornaments. I am using a stamp to create lettering in my ornaments and a cookie cutter to create the shape.
- Create a hole in the top centre of the stamped salt dough ornaments to thread through a thread to hang.
- Place the stamped salt dough ornaments on a tray and put in the oven at 180c. Depending on your thickness of the ornaments it can take anything from 40 mins to 1hour 30mins. Check to see if they are set and dry before taking out of the oven.
Once done you can also paint to give a little colour, these are great to make with children to give teachers, friends and family presents. Let me know how you get on in the comments below and would love to know what great salt dough creations you made!